VMG Blog Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Electric Car is Coming...

Actualy a scrapped Ford design, the Think City will reportedly be available in the US starting in 2008. For those of you who fancy an electric vehicle with refreshing Norwegian simplicity, it will be significantly cheaper than the Tesla Roadster sports car that goes for $98,000. The Think car will cost around $17,000, but consumers will have to lease the battery for an additional fee.
The Think batteries are actually made by Tesla Motors, but are used in a much more humble, practical manner.

This reminds me of the plight of the GM EV1, but with a better ending!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you think of the Smart Car? My father said he would not get in the car for a million dollars. I find that hard to believe!

Unknown said...

I like them...for the money and the gas mileage, it's a pretty good deal. I
checked out the safety ratings. They score in the upper end for their class
of vehicle. How that translates in an incident with an 18 wheeler is what I
want to know!